Saturday, July 2, 2011

Baked Fish and some LnL discounts!

Long weekend is already here and it is now I am getting to writing this...shameful S !!! I had planned to post this last weekend. Nevertheless, here I am with very simple yet full of flavor recipe which is healthy as well.

One lazy weekend, my husband wanted do something different with fish than regular fish fry and fish in mustard gravy. He found this recipe on Vahrevah.com and boy oh boy, am I glad? I totally love the flavors here....very fresh, summer like and light. Fish in itself is very bland but this mint-dill-garlic marinade gives it this multi-dimensional flavor. And it is on a bed of vegetables, so you are not really missing out anything. Gotta try to have all your colors from food pyramid : -) I modified few things in the recipe though. I used fish fillets (tilapia) and because fillets cook so fast, I 3/4th  boiled my potatoes before using it.  Also I used mint instead cilantro....... beeeeecause that's what I had and in my opinion it tasted fresher and better. BTW you should check out that site. Sanjay Thuma has some very good and easy to follow recipes out there. 

Before I get to cooking part, I want to first tell you about a couple of things. I used my LocknLock Glass pan (yes again!) to bake the fishes. It was perfect to bake a single serving. From the oven to the table - minimal use of dishes - my kind of cooking! LocknLock this weekend is having Fourth of July sale (upto 50% off) and they also have this code which will reduce prices by additional 45%......yes 45%! Even on happy hour items. Good products at excellent prices - how cool is that? Coupon details are at the bottom of the page along with link to glass pan and fish turner on LnL website.

Now lets get cooking....flaky yummy fish beckons!
Ingredients

2-3 fish filets
1 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup heaped thick sliced onions
1/2 cup heaped 3/4 boiled potatoes
1/2 tsp olive oil

Marinade:
1 1/2 tsp dry dill ( or 1/4 cup packed fresh dill )
Handful of mint leaves
4-5 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp heaped coriander powder
1/3 tsp heaped red chili powder ( use more if you want to spice it up or crush a green chili with garlic )

Get Cooking

Preheat oven to 350F. Using mortar and pestle, crush garlic, mint and dill (if using fresh). Mix this with coriander and red chili powder and tablespoon of olive oil. Add salt to taste.  Prep your fillets and rub the mint-dill-garlic marinade on both sides. Now toss vegetables with olive oil and salt. In your single serve baking dish ( or glass pan like I used ), put one fillet in the middle and arrange vegetables around it. Bake in oven for about 15 to 20 minutes depending upon you oven. Check for doneness.
Gently transfer to plate. See the turner.....when I got it from LocknLock, this dish was on my mind...yup sometimes I get too specific heeee heee : -)
Thats it...how simple was that? And you'll be amazed at the burst of flavors with your first bite and your subsequent bites. Enjoy your virtual meal : -)
Note:
  1. You can add more flavor to vegetable by rubbing some marinade to vegetable as well, but I wanted fish to be the star here.
  2. If you plan to use whole fish, clean out the stomach and make slanting pockets on the surface. Rub in the marinade inside & out. You would need to bake it longer and you needn't use boiled potatoes.

Now coupon information- Coupon details from slickdeals

Lock&Lock – 45% Off Storewide at LocknLockPlace.com! through Jul 5, 2011
Code: QLTY4LESS
Starts: Jun 27, 2011
Expires: Jul 5, 2011

If you like the LocknLock glass pan and the stainless steel turner, don't forget to use the coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment